1. Natural Shopping Bag – Every health conscious shopper needs a bag that doesn’t harm the environment. Give up the plastic and paper and try this organic canvas and jute x-large grocery bag by Simple Ecology. If the natural look is too “granola,” Blue Q makes reusable bags out of 95% post-consumer material.
2. Organic Wine – If you aren’t sure where to find organic wine, Organic Authority has 103 recommendations. If that seems overwhelming, The Washington Post put together a top 5 list and Good Housekeeping shared 12 of their favorites. If you’re looking for a wine related conversation starter, Fetzer winery was given the United Nations “Momentum for Change” award for sustainable practices.
is to operate in a way that restores, revitalizes, and regenerates ecosystems and communities, while producing premium quality wines, advancing the health and well-being of employees, and producing sustainable growth for shareholders.” – Fetzer
3. Natural Plastic Wrap – Bee’s Wrap or Abeego’s beeswax food wrap is the perfect replacement for plastic wrap. A must for every health conscious cook.
5. Organic Fruit Club – It may be cold outside, but come summer Frog Hollow Farm offers an assortment of fresh organic fruit sustainably grown and shipped right to your door. Choose from apricots, cherries peaches, plums, pluots, nectarines or pears. The fruit is shipped in a 100% recyclable box approved by the Sustainable Forestry Initiative. Not into fruit? They offer a bunch of holiday gift ideas.
Castillo D’ Canena’s Biodynamic Picual
6. Olive Oil – Order a special bottle of extra virgin olive oil right off the winner’s list at the New York International Olive Oil competition or any of the other prestigious international olive oil competitions. Castillo D’ Canena’s Biodynamic Picual won the “Best in the World” award at the Monocultivar Expo and “Best in Class” at the New York International Olive Oil Competition. Renowned chef and owner of The French Laundry, Thomas Keller, sells Armando Manni’s “Live Oil” from Tuscany here at his online store, or you can buy it directly from Manni’s site (you must buy at least 5 bottles). Another way to find high quality extra virgin olive oil is at the Olive Oil Lovers site.
Chokola chocolate bar
7. Good Food Awards Foodie Bag – Choose a selection of items from the 2018 Good Food Award finalists, including responsibly produced coffee, chocolate, beer, honey, cheese, pickles and wrap it in a beautiful recycled box or bag.
8. Organic Spices – A cook’s dream. Order a 24 Pack of Simply Organic Spices or choose from Spicely’s giftsets, which include Indian, Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, and Baker’s Favorites. Another organic option is AllStar Organics. They sell dried herbs, herbal salts, sugars and hydrosols. The farm has been a certified organic since 1994.
Spicely’s gift set
“Beeswax is 100% natural and a renewable resource that actually cleans the air by emitting purifying negative ions. Most candles are made with paraffin, a petroleum by-product, which is not natural and is unhealthy to burn. To prepare it for candle making, it is chemically bleached and hardened, then artificially scented. Burning paraffin emits harmful, black soot and pollutes the air.” – Big Dipper
10. Organic Sheets – What could be more luxurious than giving someone the gift of sleeping in organic cotton sheets?
Boll & Branch
It’s important to buy organic cotton because cotton has been called the dirtiest crop in the world. Don’t go to bed with all those chemicals! Boll & Branch, Coyuchi, Anna Sova, and Loop make high quality organic sheets.
“Issues arise at almost every stage of the process — the ubiquitous genetically modified seeds that strain farmers’ budgets, the pesticides used in cotton fields, the harsh chemicals used in dyes, the toxic waste that pollutes rivers, and the chemically treated clothing that ends up in landfills.” – The Washington Post
NedaArt bunnies on Etsy
11. 100% Wool Bunnies – These adorable bunnies are handmade and make great gifts for children and adults.
BONUS: 12. An eco-friendly phone case – The Pela BPA-free phone case is fully compostable and made out of plant-based material. When you buy a “Save the Waves” case, $5.00 goes towards protecting coastal ecosystems.
A Sustainable Tooth Brush – Swap out the old-school plastic and replace it with Mable’s bamboo toothbrush. The sleek modern design will look good in any bathroom.
Mable’s bamboo is sustainably harvested in China, the bristles are BPA-free nylon, the bamboo is fully biodegradable, the packaging is plastic-free and the cardboard is recycled. The perfect stocking stuffer!
Feature Image Julia Sudnitskaya – iStock